Imagine being able to stare your fear of failure in the face, and still have the confidence to take action? What would that do for your life? What would you be able to achieve?
Failure is inevitable, and if you’re not failing, it’s probably because you’re not taking bold action. If you haven’t failed in a while, it probably means you haven’t made any significant progress either. But chances are, your fear of failing is so intense, that it’s stopping you from taking action.
But the good news is, you can redefine how you view failure, and the quotes you’re about to read will help you do just that.
The Quotes to Help You Crush Your Fear of Failure
1) “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan
2) “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.” - Anonymous
3) “Don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t waste energy tryingto cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It’s OK to fail. If you’re not failing, you’re not growing.” - H. Stanley Judd
4) “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible: the fear of failure.” - Paulo Coelho
5) “I’m intimidated by the fear of being average.” - Taylor Swift
6) “You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” - Wayne Gretzky
7) “Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.” - Denis Waitley
8) “I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try.” - Nikki Giovanni
9) “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up” - Thomas Edision
10) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person” - Zig Ziglar
11) “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” - George Burns
12) “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” - Theodore Roosevelt
13) “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” - Elbert Hubbard
14) “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative” - Woody Allen
15) “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” - Denis Waitley
16) “There is no such thing as failure. There are only results” - Tony Robbins
17) “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” - Sumner Redstone
18) “One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.” - Henry Ford
19) “Most people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” - Napoleon Hill
20) “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.” - Elbert Hubbard
21) “Failure is success if we learn from it.” - Malcolm Forbes
Tony J. Robinson is the founder of DoReallyGood.com, which is the place to go for the information and inspiration necessary to take your life’s most important goals and make them a reality. You can pick up a copy of his free eBook, “Goal Domination: The 5 Step Game Plan for Setting and Dominating Your Goals” by clicking here.
Photo credit: VinothChandar / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)